Accessibility Statement for Arapahoe County 911 Authority
Arapahoe County 911 Authority is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Arapahoe County 911 Authority takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Arapahoe County 911 Authority:
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Hired an Accessibility Specialist
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Arapahoe County 911 Authority is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is to meet WCAG 2.2 Level AA conformance for Section 508, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes. Re-authentication, after a session expires, does not cause loss of data.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Arapahoe County 911 Authority. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Arapahoe County 911 Authority:
- Phone: 303-795-4299
- E-mail: BRomero@arapahoegov.com
- Postal address: 5334 S Prince St. Littleton, CO 80120
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Arapahoe County 911 Authority is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Despite best efforts, accessibility may not work well in every combination of operating systems, web browsers, and assistive technology. Developers typically test their websites and mobile applications with common user environments, to determine compatibility. WCAG defines requirements for accessibility features provided by content authors to be accessibility supported. Communicating this compatibility expectation helps the user to determine if that is the cause for any issues they may be observing.
Accessibility of Arapahoe County 911 Authority relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Arapahoe County 911 Authority, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Arapahoe County 911 Authority:
- Third-party Videos: Not all videos are ADA compliant because This pertains to third-party videos. We are working with a great video team to create our own videos that are ADA compliant. Please be patient as we are doing our best to offer you the most reliable ADA content we can.
Arapahoe County 911 Authority assessed the accessibility of Arapahoe County 911 Authority by the following approaches:
- Hired an Accessibility Developer that specializes in ADA compliance for websites.
The POC Certification is Arapahoe County 911 Authority's Accessibility Conformance Report.